With 2017 fast approaching, and the rumour mill whirling for the new in colour for next year, we thought we’d take a look at the colours announced earlier this year, and Pantone surprised us with not one, but two shades, Rose Quartz pink and Serenity blue. We absolutely love these colours and don't think we will be saying goodbye to them anytime soon!
"As consumers seek mindfulness and well-being as an antidote to modern day stresses, welcoming colours that psychologically fulfil our yearning for reassurance and security are becoming more prominent. Joined together, Rose Quartz and Serenity demonstrate an inherent balance between a warmer embracing warm rose tone and the cooler tranquil blue, reflecting connection and wellness as well as a soothing sense of order and peace." Pantone
We have put together a mood board inspired by the two beautiful pastel colours of 2016 to help you achieve a tranquil and serene feel in your home. Remember, they work well as either accents or even as a feature element to neutral rooms. The joy of design is there is no right or wrong - so be adventurous, be playful and most importantly have fun with it!
- Wool Throw (bottom), Silk Pillow Covers, Vases and Tea Light Holders from John Lewis
- This beautifully designed Copper Tube Clock by LEFF Amsterdam available at dotmaison
- This Lantern by Zara Home will look so elegant by your front door and we also love their quirky Hourglass too!
- Larson and Jennings Rose Gold Watch
- Don't leave your greens looking lonely - these lovely planters from West Elm are available in grey, pink and blue
- Tableware by Lindsay Emery Designer & Ceramicist is someone to watch out for and to follow on Instagram and has also been commissioned as a new designer for Anthropologie
- We found the perfect foot stool and it's from Loaf
- Geometric printed rug using space-dyed yarns from West Elm
- This gold lampshade from Zara Home with Rose Quartz shade is a perfect pairing
- Pink Utility Room Door from Pömpeli is a replica of an old Finnish design
- The 'All Blue' bedroom is from a great Buzzfeed article about helping you get that Pinterest look!
We also love how Pantone has addressed the gender blur that many of us are now experiencing when it comes to design colour choices. Pantone has chosen colours that allow us to embrace and be more confident in promoting gender equality, and this years colour combination is a great example of that. Even though we're not yet ready to part ways with these incredible tones just yet, we can’t wait to see what exciting colours next year brings us!
So what about the Pantone colour predictions for 2017? Well, those will be announced this December, so not long to wait really. In the meantime, stay on trend with this years double trouble - Rose Quartz and Serenity.